physical therapy

Vocational Rehab Vs. Physical Therapy – What’s the Difference?

When you’re recovering from an injury, your doctor may recommend physical therapy as a way to rehabilitate your body. Physical therapy can include specific exercises to target affected muscles, massages, and other medical treatments. Of course, individuals who have suffered a disability that has diminished their capacity to work will need more than just physical therapy. That’s where vocational rehabilitation comes in.

Mark Thesing Inc. is available to discuss vocational rehabilitation in Oregon with injured clients. If your injury has left you unable to perform the job you once did, this option may be available to you. Vocational rehab is a workers’ compensation benefit. It covers your tuition and time lost while you train for a new role that you are still able to perform.

Injured individuals who have chosen a lump sum settlement will not be eligible for vocational rehabilitation. If your claim has been denied, you don’t know the right option for you, or you need assistance filing your claim, you need to speak to a workers’ comp attorney right away. Your attorney will guide you through the process to help you receive the fair compensation that you deserve.