How to Get Medical Care Under Workers’ Compensation in Oregon

The workplace can be dangerous no matter in which industry you work; whether it’s labor-intensive or not, countless regulations must be followed to ensure the safety of employees at all times. That is why companies like Mark Thesing Inc. are a reliable source that can help you learn how to get medical care under Workers’ Compensation in Oregon. They can help you get the treatment you need and fight for the compensation you deserve.

When you’re preparing to file for workers’ compensation, the first thing you need is to do is choose your own medical provider. If you already have one, then you need to sign Form 801, “Report of Job Injury or Illness,” and Form 827, “Worker’s and Health Care Provider’s Report for Workers’ Compensation Claims.” This basically authorizes health care providers and other custodians to release relevant medical records to help your case. These custodians include:

  • Workers’ Compensation Insurer
  • Self-Insured Employer
  • Claims Administrator
  • Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services

It’s important to note that your medical provider is responsible for sending Form 827 to the insurer. Your employer does not need to see your medical records. Nor can anyone accompany you to your medical appointments without your written consent.

Let Mark Thesing Inc. help you through the lengthy process of acquiring medical care under Workers’ Compensation. They can navigate the legal system and handle any legal or financial stresses while you focus on recovery. Contact them today to schedule a consultation.